Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Faith, Hope and Another Decade to Come...

“The defects of the mind are like the wounds of the body. Whatever care we take to heal them the scars ever remain, and there is always danger of their reopening.” François de la Rochefoucauld



I can only say with a sigh of relief how happy I am to see 2009 pass and the hope of a new year begin...It quite possibly could be one of the worst years of my life...but as I say that with a sigh, I do have to count my blessings...and I do have so many to count. This is one of my favorite pics. AH and baby girl dancing on her 21st birthday...The smile on their faces says it all, the evening really was quite magical...

Every year I try to pick a word to live by....


This years word is "JOY"
The above pic is of baby boy and baby girls young man, whom were best buddies before baby girl ever came into the picture...


And speaking of "JOY" look at the sweet, sweet face above, is that not the sweetest face you ever saw...This would be one of Mitzi's princess...she's so lucky to have a house full of these beauties...Not only are they all beautiful, they are equally as talented....

And I wish you had the pleasure of knowing them in person, individually and as a group...there is so much love there... huge blessing...

When I think of them I often try to imagine what it would be like to have five sisters...

They all have such huge hearts...

Mitzi and her Man did an awesome job with these beauties and not only am I blessed but the world is blessed for them being in it....

Here's the group at one of her princess' weddings...

I've been thinking of only getting rid of 2009 and then it occurred to me that we are starting a new decade...which made me think of the last decade, instead of only the last year...

Then I realized how many momentous life happenings both Mitzi and I have experienced.

Our children are mostly grown...

We have watched them graduate college, get married, move out and start lives of their own...

I have moved what seems a half of world away... to a very strange land...

And on one of her visits we became "Cherry Queens" and Cherry Kingdom was found...

And there has been much laughter and sometimes tears...

But we're still here...

So with a sigh as I say good bye to 2009 and another decade, it is with great hope that the new decade brings more laughter than tears...and that "JOY" would be not just a word for this one year but for the next ten..

XO Keke

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Honey. That's such a sweet post. 2009 has been such a rough year for so many of us that it is hard to remember to look back on all the good that was there. But like you I am relieved to be starting a new year and a new decade.

Love all the pictures. Tracy :)

Unknown said...

Hey Honey. That's such a sweet post. 2009 has been such a rough year for so many of us that it is hard to remember to look back on all the good that was there. But like you I am relieved to be starting a new year and a new decade.

Love all the pictures. Tracy :)