Saturday, August 8, 2009




I am thrilled to say that I have been accepted to participate in this swap hosted by Linda @ A Swap For All Seasons. This is exactly what the doctor ordered! Please visit her inspiring beautiful site at... http://aswapforallseasons.blogspot.com

I know how time consuming being hostess to a swap is, so generous for Linda to do this for us. Thank you Linda!

The doctors visit yesterday was the same as they always are. I get weighed. [Lost two more lbs. Hurray! Twenty-five total now, still have sixty to go...uuughhh. Doesn't really show yet, maybe a little in my face, it's my butt that's the slacker, first to grab it, last to leave it.. I am determined though, I soooo want to be the size I was before I got sick in time for my son's wedding in December.] The medical assistant takes me to the examination room, where she lethargically ask me every single month what I am there for. I tell her the same thing every time. She roughly takes my blood pressure, and exercises concern every time, yesterday was 100/54. It usually stays around that range, sometimes a little lower, so her concern yesterday made me roll my eyes and then giggle. Every visit is like that movie "Groundhog Day". The doctor comes in, I swear, she doesn't listen to half of what I say to her. She pulls out her prescription pad while she is sitting to talk to me, I talk, she says, "Uh Hu, Uh Hu, Uh Hu, writes me out a cocktail of prescriptions and sends me on my way. Yesterday she got a little crazy and prescribed "Clonazepam", 0.5 MG. It's definately not going to work for me! I took one last night when I got home @ 7:30 p.m. I haven't been able to stay awake since. It's 3:30 p.m. Saturday and I feel like I need to go to bed again. I have been sleeping since I took it last night, I've been awake three different times today for about 1/2 hr each and now I need to sleep again. The good new is that it took the pulling and twisting in my neck away. And since I was previously suffering from insomnia with no other sleep aide working, I now have no trouble sleeping, now it's ironically opposite...now I can't stay awake! I'm not taking it the rest of the weekend, I will call her on Monday and ask her to prescribe my Soma's back to me. She had changed it out thinking that the effectiveness of the Soma's were wearing off. Just one problem, I would like to be a part of the waking world!!!! I have got to get a new primary care physician who is actually interested in helping me. Doctor Ms. Uh Hu maybe great for prescription junkies, but I hate taking all of this stuff and I want my life back. I hope this stuff wears off soon, I feel like a drooler... Blessings to all of you citizens of Blog Land...I'm off to bed again...

No comments: