Tuesday, February 16, 2010

This picture calls to me. Just look at her adorned in her finery, yet the haunting look on her face would indicate less than a happy life. It is evident that she must have been above working class. Given the harsh quality of life experienced of the working class, was her distant gaze that of a queen worried for her subjects, or was it that she had no joy in her life? Many of the old photographs that you see are of subjects with stone faces. Baby girl says they frighten her. For me, they bring a curiosity.

I missed my posting for "Something Good Monday." I was in bed and slept most of the weekend. Last week was challenging and exhausting so I'll forgive myself for the miss...hence this is "Too late Tuesday." I return to work today after having yesterday off for Presidents Day. Not looking forward to it. Friday left me depleted and frustrated. I think I left off with telling you that I was meeting with an independent investigator. That is six and a half hours of my life that I will not get back and a waste of time. The not so independent investigator, after all, how independent could she have been, she's collecting her paycheck from the company.... started out by explaining that she is just there to collect the facts...she collected very little...every time I would start to speak she would cut me off and say, "let's not start that tangent".

According to the Merriam Webster...
Tangent: diverging from an original purpose or course : irrelevant

I was so frustrated, she kept looking at her watch as if she had some place to be...I said several times, "if you have some place you need to be we can end this." Then there was the point she claimed to need to check her blackberry, I stepped out side for some fresh air, when I came back she was on a phone call, she continued talking for at least five minutes... At one point she disappeared into the HR office, I sat there for a few minutes, got up and went to the rest room and came back. The HR woman had told me she didn't want to know anything, that she was just a facilitator, yet the independent investigator seemed to bring up things during our conversation that she shouldn't have known, if she were indeed just a fact finder and completely bias.... I will be emailing her and asking her these questions that have rambled in my mind all weekend. I will also tell her that what she called a 'tangent' was NOT irrelevant and had she stopped interrupting me with what must be a favorite tag line she would have discovered that.... more later, I woke up late and must do a madhatter dash...the neck just doesn't want to release this morning so I have to push through anyway.

Before I go I wanted to share a cool site with you.... free images... so generous, and awesome!

Check out Heidi's site here: http://shabbychicpapirskatter.blogspot.com

Today I'm choosing to hang on to this verse...

Psalm 119:23 Though rulers sit together and slander me, your servant will meditate on your decrees.

Have a blessed and joyous day.
XO Keke

No comments: