Saturday, November 7, 2009


I've spent most of the morning researching Dystonia, new claims of alleged cures, determined to go to the end of the earth if I have to...less this be my fate. I've added some more links in the sidebar under dystonia. Learned about "Generation Rescue", look it up, it is enlightening, link is on the side bar.
I watched Grey Gardens last night, hmmm...left me with a very strange feeling some where between sadness and curiosity.
Edith Bouvier Beale, "Little Edie" cousin to Jackie O who did come to save them eventually. After the movie curiosity got the best of me and I had to do a little research. "Curiosity killed the cat," what an awful saying! I am a researcher at heart though, why must all my why's be answered? There's even a website dedicated to "Grey Gardens", quite interesting if you care to see : http://www.greygardensonline.com
What a beauty she was, haunting to see how such a life turned out, although for some reason I think she wouldn't want her life remembered that way. None the less, I would now, after having watched the movie, like to see the original documentary. What times those must have been. 1900's through 1950's. I love the fashion, it just seems so lovely, especially the dress' and the hair styles, so feminine.
Today's post will leave us here as I can't afford to squander my Saturday as much as I would like to... I've shopping to do, nest to clean and everything else that one must do in between work days... Have a blessed weekend! XO Keke

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi dear Keke. I know your struggling with your Dystonia. I hope you found some helpful information. I think of you everyday and send positive thoughts to you.

I love the style of those days so much. That's probably why I'm such a big fan of all the old back and white movies. Cary Grant, Kathyrn Hepburn, Spencer Tracy, Gregory Peck and so many wonderful stars.

I've never hear about Edith before. Would love to see the movie. She is absolutely stunning. When I was little I didn't understand the beauty everyone saw in Jacquline Kennedy as I got older I got it and do think she was beautiful but Edith so surpasses her beauty. Hauntingly is the perfect word. You could never forget that face, style or beauty. Thanks for letting us see the beautiful photos.

Hugs and sweet thoughts...Tracy :)