Thursday, February 10, 2011

Mother and daughter doctor-heroes: Hawa Abdi + Deqo Mohamed

Mother and daughter doctor-heroes: Hawa Abdi + Deqo Mohamed


I found this video so inspiring on so many levels, as a woman, as a mother, as a patient and as a human being. If these woman, this mother and her daughters can treat 300 people a day, complete 20 surgeries and manage 90,000 people when others fled to far off lands... If these woman can change their world in a country filled with war and poverty, what's the least we could do in a land of opportunity? Will we gather or flee? This video came in God's time, a time when I needed to be lifted up to fight. It's so strange to me and wonderful at the same time. 'What ever your seeking...it's seeking you.' I have said to both my children in the last couple of days... "That's how reveloutions are started." FAITH. I'll explain later in the post I intended to leave today. For now if you could do me the favor of soaking this story in and passing it on...consider it 'paying it forward.' I hope your day is abundantly blessed today. XOXO Keke

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Keke, how are you doing Sweetie. I thought about you on Valentine's day (and lots of other days too). I wish I would have had a chance to come by and tell you.

I've been thinking alot about having a lack of direction on doing God's will lately. A desire but no direction. I'm still using Neils computer which we can't get the sound to work. I hate that I miss out on so many videos. We're having trouble getting mine to go through the router.

Miss you and think of you often. Hope you're not suffering pain.

Love and hugs...Tracy :)