Thursday, December 10, 2009

Humbled

I wish baby boy would have picked this plaid tux for his wedding....hmmm, I know quirky style, but some what appealing don't you think? Alas he didn't....

Slow, calm, steadfast, consistent movement...this is what I tell myself with so much going on...have you ever been in such a hurry that you actually get less done and make yourself later because every thing you do when your rushing goes wrong? Calculated rush is is the roller coaster I'm on now...Moving swiftly with an organized mind..."Keep Calm" and "Carry On"...moving from one task to another with calculated rush...hem pants on baby boys tux, check, call formal wear shop for ties and pocket squares, check, go to mall to order vest, check, hem pants on baby girls boyfriends suit, check...


Bake Christmas cookies for staff meeting this morning, check, report completed for boss, check, 2 employees yearly reviews, check...this is what goes through my mind as my laundry list is too long and there is no turning back...


I ran out on my lunch hour yesterday to buy fabric for the white cape I was asked to make for the bride, nothing like waiting to the last minute to request such a thing...my answer obviously was, "yes I will do this for you, but don't you think you should have asked me three months ago?" The reply was as always these days, "sorry mummer". I mean it's only 7 days until the wedding...such as the fact that up until a week ago tuxes weren't taken care, the phone call from baby boy was pretty much the same as the request for the cape, and then two days ago another call that said we need vest, ties and pocket squares which I will take care of on my lunch hour today....Mitzi's voice is in my head, she thinks I should say no to all of these things as I am not doing that well and they have waited until the last minute for everything or rather didn't pull it off and now need me to save them.... I can not say no, and neither would Mitzi...but she says these things because she loves me...don't worry Mitzi, I'm well enough and this too shall pass....American husband gave me pretty much the same speech last night as I took a call at 8:00 p.m for work, problems in the warehouse, and interrupted the movie night he had planned for us...robbing peter to pay paul and burning the candle at both ends, but as I said, "angels on my bumpers and this too shall pass..." In any case, while I was out I found this baby doll. It's a baby for "Annie"

Every year my work place puts a tree up in the lobby with red plastic hearts and details of people in need...This year, due to my own financial crisis of medical bills and wedding...I had told myself I couldn't afford to take hearts...but then I walked up to the tree...and had to walk away...it's not good to have my eyes sprinkle at work...(what's wrong with me these days??? I'm not a crier typically, but it just seems like everything is getting to me...) I could not stop myself, there was a heart that said, " Annie, 64 yrs old, no family, lives in nursing home, wants a baby doll..." How could I leave that heart behind? I couldn't, so I grabbed it knowing God would make way... yesterday when I was out buying fabric I found this soft baby, so sweet and pink...as I'm looking at her an older woman walked up and started a conversation with me about the doll...I didn't even finish my sentence and she said, "oh yes, do buy this one, my mother, nursing home, little ladies lined up in their wheelchairs, rocking babies..." The woman disappeared before I could turn back around...so strange, goosebumps down my arms...fighting back sprinkles again...UGH! There was no price...then a sales associate walked up, "how much is this baby", she checked, "$5.00", God had made a way...and this is the "baby doll for Annie", so perfect for hugging...I'm hoping to find a small pink lap blanket, or maybe I could make one for her to match her baby, stencil her name on it...I know these things can disappear in these places... still my heart is humbled and again I am shown the true reason, not just for this season, but for life itself...


My friend Patti posted this picture of what Chicago looked like yesterday, whoo...praying cones of safety for her and all the residents driving in this white out! I saw on the news last night that Mitzi had 8 inches of the white stuff coming at her...it's strange, I've almost forgot that this stuff happens this time of year if I didn't watch the news...We don't really get it here in Oz, but it's been cold enough, our night time temps have been down to 20 degrees! What!?! That's crazy, so much for "Sunny Oz"... Lucky for me she has a camera and computer that works the way it's supposed to...here's the pic's she posted of our cabinet card swap... This is the one she did for me, detail is over the top and this picture does not do it justice! Drum roll please....

The BackAnd then... The Front...
Filled with snow flakes to give me a little reminder of home... Patti is an amazingly generous artist, and her eye for detail is exceptional... http://creativecottagedreamer.blogspot.com
I wish you could all see this in real life... I will post the rest of pics of all the goodies as soon as I can get my memory card on disk! Ugh...why does everything seem to have to be a struggle? And then...the ones I made for her...just so you know, I've never worked with cabinet cards before and it is my new "favorite" thing...they take paint amazingly well and are just so much fun, they creative options are endless...Here's one that I made for her...

"Cherish", sweet Christmas love under the "Mistletoe". And then, as it seems with all my projects, I get obsessed and can't stop, so here is the other one I sent her...

I called this one "Kringle's, the early years..." Again, pics do not do justice, but they did turn out pretty cute and soooo much fun to do...you should really give them a try and let your imagination run wild!

That's it, time for me to run..."keeping calm and carrying on..." Have a blessed day dear blog land citizens... XO Keke

1 comment:

Patti said...

Hi!! Thanks for the kind comments Keke! I had never even heard of cabinet cards when I saw the swap and, like you, am hooked! Again thank you for all you did and all the kind comments as well- I know that life has been hectic for you and I so appreciate what you did! keep calm...relax...and things will go as they will. Take care this weekend and can't wait to hear about the wedding!