Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Love Day!

As it is a day to represent love...I thought I would share with you just a few things (other than you) that I love...

Art, who doesn't love art...and no, I'm not talking about a man... I'm talking about the creative genius of others, and it doesn't matter the genre. Art to me is spiritual. One of God's gifts, and often saves me from ensnaring thoughts that often will take my mind hostage. I seek art almost daily in one form or another. Today my search brought me across an amazing site called "Organized Doodles" http://organizeddoodles.blogspot.com/What I love even more is artist who post their genius and then gives you permission to share with others! I'm always so curious about those that don't. However, that is another topic and I can not allow myself to digress today. This pic above seemed perfect to share, I'm sure that Rick Green has depicted everyone of our homes this morning in this picture...Actually, it made me think of Mitzi, only they should all be girls... art is subjective.

When I stumbled onto his site this morning I knew I had to share this, give yourself a smile and jump on over and be prepared to giggle!
As I was wandering through his site I found a picture of myself.

I promise, I have never met Rick so I don't know how he came to draw this picture of me...none the less, here it is. It is an amazing likeness!

I've always loved fiber, there is something so visceral about cloth, when I go to look for fabric my mind will wonder to unexpected places, I can picture the original idea of the print and the artist sitting and coloring out the initial design. I think about the workers at the factory standing there while yard after yard runs through the machines, I wonder if they consider them self lucky as they touch yards of this fabric and if they think about the connection to the earth that has brought them to this place and provides their livelihood.


The plant that this might have come from, from the earth and all the hands that touched the ingredients for this fiber, before it was even realized to the point that this production has started.I like to visit fabric sites. The above fabric comes from a site called; "Retro Age Vintage Fabrics"
You can find the link in my sidebar under "Cool Resources."
I would so love to have this piece, unfortunately it has already been sold.
I can picture it made into a warm yummy quilt for my bed.
And how about this chef/kitchen fabric? Wouldn't this be an amazing apron? Even an adorable table cloth, set out on a picnic table filled with a giant fresh green salad, with tomatoes and cucumbers fresh from the garden. The salad lightly dressed so that you can taste the personality of each leaf, with the sweet acidic tones of the tomato complimenting along with the ever refreshing cucumber.

From time to time I like to visit a site called " Apartment Therapy."
I have the link to this site in my side bar. Such stylish and often provocative design concepts. Like the one below. You know that cliche about living in a glass house? I was looking at this house and the frosted trees surrounding it. I think this takes a room with a view to another level. I can't even begin to think about living in a house like this. But I would like to sleep in this glass bedroom just one night. A warm, balmy, clear summer night. Can you imagine laying in this bed and looking up to the sky filled with stars? I've often wished that I had an outside bedroom. When AH and I lived in our beloved Sonoma we had a double hammock and every now and then on a particular fresh warm night we would sleep in it outside. I love the smell of night air, I love waking to the sound of birds and crickets and the smell of morning dew....ahhh, take me away.
None the less, if you want some dreamy take me away inspiration then check out Apartment Therapy. http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/
So that's it, just a few things I found this morning while I was wandering about. I hope this day was filled with so much love and joy for all of you.
Sleep Sweet.... XO Keke

3 comments:

Tracy Suzanne said...

Hey Keke! What a joyous frame of mind you're in today. Love all the pics. We're so much alike, I'm very tactile too. Always wanting to touch everything, with a huge love of fabrics. I've been that way my whole life. I think a lot of it had to do with Mama sewing so much and me always being around fabric.

In that house you certainly couldn't be shy.

Have a blessed day Sweetie....Tracy :)

Rick said...

Hello Keke of the Cherry Kingdom.

You are definitely my new favorite person (besides my wife, of course). Thank you for your very kind post. Normally, when someone tells me that they've posted something on their blog, I expect to find just a doodle of mine there and maybe a word or two. You did far more than that. I'll have to be careful to try and not get a "big head" over it.

Thank you for your kind words. Thank you for the links to my blog, and thank you for becoming a follower. I am honored—truly I am. Stay tooned.

Rick

P.S. I don't think the girl in the doodle favors you all that much. Maybe a little. (Insert smilie face here.)

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

What a wonderful post. So happy I came by here and read this. Thank you for sharing with us and the way you worded this post is beautiful
Maggie